Ireland Music Week is delighted to announce that it will be going ahead with the international facing showcase and conference in October 2021, which will take place from October 5th-8th. The festival is now calling on Irish artists to apply to play.
As with so many other events, in these COVID19 times, IMW will adapt the festival to suit the restrictions. In order to allow 2021 applicants the best possible opportunity to reach international music industry professionals, IMW will continue to monitor the reopening trials for live music venues and lifting of travel restrictions before making a final decision on whether IMW 2021 will be a virtual, in- person or a hybrid event.
Important information: Please read before applying
- You will need to apply for IMW through Breaking Tunes - http://www.breakingtunes.com. You will need to create a profile on Breaking Tunes (if you don't already have one). You will then find the application form in the 'Opportunities' section on your Dashboard.
- Please make sure your most recent and most relevant tracks are on your breaking tunes profile.
- Please include all your social media links on your breaking tunes profile description.(for eg, spotify, soundcloud, bandcamp, youtube, facebook, twitter, instagram). If there is no music on your breaking tunes link, your judge will not be able to score you and you may be eliminated from selection.
- We only accept applications from artists living in Ireland or Irish artists living overseas. We do not accept applications from international artists.
- The deadline for applications is Friday June 18th 2021 at 18:00pm.
- If you are selected to showcase, we will be in touch with you about your performance and preparation for showcasing at the festival. Ireland Music Week 2021 will pay showcasing artists expenses of €500 but we cannot offer payment for travel and accommodation for Irish artists who are living overseas.
- If you have been successful, you will be notified by email in July 2021.
How to the booking team select who gets to showcase?
Our panel of national and international judges are hand picked from across the global music industry. The judges include festival bookers, labels, managers, music journalists, publishers, booking agents, and many more.
How are the applications judged?
The judging criteria is split into 5 categories:
- Songwriting ability
- Quality of songs
- Quality of recording
- Gut feeling
- Export Readiness
The highest rated artists from each judge go forward to make up the final line-up.
Will I receive feedback if I'm not successful in my application?
All of our judges are required to provide feedback on the artists in their categories. The feedback will be constructive and will give you a better chance of successfully applying in the future. We will email you with details on how to receive feedback should you not be successful.
Any advice on applying?
It may sound obvious but put your best foot forward to give yourself the best possible chance. Please make sure your Breaking Tunes profile is completely up to date, your biography is short & to the point/interesting, your photos are of the highest possible quality/resolution and all your social media and streaming links are working properly. As well as looking at and reviewing your application form, the judges will be reviewing your Breaking Tunes profile so it is important that you present it to them at its very best. It is also important to demonstrate how a slot at IMW fits into your plan for 2021/2022 and beyond.
Find out more here.